The Honors Living Learning Community provides students admitted to the Honors College with the opportunity to live in a close-knit, dynamic community with other high achieving and highly motivated students.
Built in 2003, Stephen Epler Hall has modern studio apartments with large windows, built-in appliances, and bicycle storage. We've put a modern, state-of-the-art focus on sustainability.
- There are many advantages to living in the Honors Living Learning Community:
- Students develop a sense of community by residing with others who share similar interests, goals, and classroom experiences
- Honors faculty and staff are easily accessible for advising
- The Honors floors are supervised by Honors Resident Assistants, who act as peer advisors to new students
- Student leadership development opportunities
- Open to all students in the Honors College
The University Honors Program centrally engages Portland State’s motto, "Let Knowledge Serve the City." Honors builds on Portland State’s reputation as a leader in urban studies, its institutional commitment to community engagement and internationalization, and its location in downtown Portland. The program serves high-achieving, highly motivated students by providing an engaged and challenging educational experience using the city of Portland as a living laboratory.
The Honors College attracts top-tier students from Oregon and beyond, students who are eager to be a part of the Portland experience. Students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with faculty on research projects, to network and gain experience through internships, and to take advantage of the resources of a large urban institution in the space of an intimate program. Students who participate in this unique and challenging curricular experience will graduate with University Honors in their chosen field.
The Honors core curriculum replaces University Studies (general education) requirements. Students must still fulfill the requirements for a major, meet the BA/BS degree requirements, and complete the university’s general requirements for an undergraduate degree. All Honors courses are reading, writing, and research intensive.
For more information including requirements, application process, and important dates please visit Honors.