International Student Housing
Finding housing is a concern for many international students who are new to the Portland, Oregon area. One of the best places to begin your housing search is by taking a look at PSU’s on campus housing options. Most students who live on campus will live with another PSU student (Roommate). Single Units (without a roommate) are very limited.
It is important to remember that if you would like to live on campus, you must arrange housing months in advance before you arrive.
- May 1 is the priority deadline to submit your housing contract
- Your housing contract is for the 9 month academic year (September move-in-June 17). If you would like to stay on campus for summer the summer contract will be available after move-in.
- We will accept housing contracts after this date and assign students as space is available
- A $50 non-refundable contract fee and a refundable $150 Advance Payment are due at the time of application. You will need to pay these fees to complete your application.
- If you are transferring to PSU (coming to PSU with many college credits) you can choose to live in any one of our 9 housing buildings. You can check out each building and see which one you prefer. Each building has its own unique style and feel. There are also video tours on each page.
- Incoming First Year students should explore first year housing options. Here you will find a video tour of both buildings and the different community options. Some of the community options have a class and some of them do not. Please read the information and decide which is best for you. You will be choosing a community when you apply online.
- If you need application help, there are tutorials available online.
After May 1
- Check your email everyday! You will receive notification that a room has been reserved for you (your housing assignment)
- You must reply to that email to confirm your reservation, or let us know if you have made other arrangements.
- You will receive an email with contact information for your roommate.
- Keep a look out for move-in information!
Our residence hall community is a great option for undergraduate and graduate students who will be studying at PSU. Our community is comprised of first year students, transfer students, current PSU students, graduate students and international students and families. All Housing residents are required to be admitted to PSU and enrolled in 8 PSU credits to be eligible to live on campus.
If you are joining our PSU community in either Winter or Spring quarter, you can apply for residence hall housing.
Contract Highlights and Policy Guides
Although legally we are required to have all students sign the same contract written in English, we have translated the most pertinent items from our 2016-2017 Contract Highlights for your review.
- 한국인 (Korean)