We’ve simplified our process - by submitting a single application in our new College Net application system you will be considered for admission by your program as well as at Portland State University. This new web based application system will allow you to input your personal information, upload materials, and track your application status from any online location. Select the name of your program in your CollegeNet application:
- "Graduate Teacher Education Program GTEP - Elementary, MEd" for GTEP - Elementary
- "Graduate Teacher Education Program GTEP - Secondary, MEd" GTEP - Secondary
Application deadline February 1, 2017.
Program starts June 26, 2017.
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended are required as part of the official application. Transcripts should be sent to the Portland State University Graduate School of Education PO Box 751 Portland, OR 97207-0751. Electronic official transcripts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To complete your application to the Graduate School of Education (GSE), you are required to submit official transcripts from every institution of higher education that you have ever attended. This is true regardless of whether or not you earned a credential from that institution, or if those credits were transferred to another school. Please review the transcript requirements.
- Transcripts are due by the application submission deadline. Applications without official transcripts submitted will be considered incomplete and may be disqualified from the review process or may not be reviewed in time for you to be admitted for your desired term.
- Former PSU students do not need to submit transcripts that are already on file. Please use the PSU Graduate School of Education Transcript Request Form to notify the admissions team to pull your previous records.
- Write your Statement of Purpose
- Identify three people to recommend you and ask for their email addresses
- Ensure official transcripts listed above include any prerequisite courses taken
- Ensure your résumé is up to date
- If choosing middle or high school, meet with a content adviser for a transcript review and Departmental Recommendation Form
- You will be required to upload the Recommendation Form as part of your application.
- Gather test scores or plan to take all necessary tests (see GTEP Prerequisites and test page)
Part of the GTEP admissions process involves a conversation and file review with faculty. Once your application has been reviewed, we will set up a meeting with a GTEP faculty. These meetings are typically held late February and will generally require 30 minutes of your time.