Certificate of Completion
The Teacher Leadership Certificate program helps you enhance your role as a K–12 teacher, teacher leader, and/or coach. Bring effective mentoring and coaching, positive communication strategies, LGBTQ advocacy, an awareness of curriculum and culture, and strengthened assessment into your classroom. The Teacher Leadership Certificate is aligned with new national standards for teacher leaders and is centered around ways to bring about positive school change
- Select from electives that are interdisciplinary and varied. Tailor your program of study around your interests and background
- Meet new teacher leader licensing requirements using class assignments as a springboard for development of your teacher leader portfolio
- Enjoy convenient, hybrid scheduling for working professionals, including face-to-face, hybrid, remote, and online learning environments where students learn individually and in groups
- Can be integrated into a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction
- Courses are in alignment with teacher leadership and national board standards
About the program
Are you a K-12 teacher, teacher leader, and/or coach who is looking for a leadership career path distinct from that of a building administrator? If so, you will benefit from this 15-credit program. Its content is aligned with new national standards for teacher leaders and is centered around ways to bring about positive school changes. Cover topics such as effective mentoring/coaching, positive communication strategies, LGBTQ advocacy, curriculum and culture, assessment, and leading in early childhood education.
You will have the flexibility of an online program. Take 15 credits to complete the certificate. You may also count these credits towards a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction. Benefit from courses that have been aligned with Teacher Leadership and national board standards.
- Teacher leader
- Instructional coach
- Teacher mentor
- Teacher professional development specialist
- Curriculum developer
- Social justice advocate
PSU has a commitment to sustaining a vibrant and connected learning community that includes students of color, LGBTQ, and indigenous peoples. Fitting within that mission, the Teacher Leadership certificate curriculum is grounded in social justice research and prepares educators to respond to increasingly diverse classrooms.