Campus Rec provides a flexible fitness program that is convenient for Portland State students who want a simple way to keep healthy on their own schedule.
- Group X
- Workshops, Clinics & Classes
- Personal Training
- Small Group Training
- Weights & Cardio
- Fitness On-the-Go
Visit our Schedules & Events page for fitness scheduling information.
Drop-in Group X Fitness classes are fun, challenging, appropriate for all fitness levels, and included in your membership at no additional charge. You are able to pick and choose from a variety of classes that are offered.
- Olympic Lifting Workshops
Interested in learning about our new Olympic lifting equipment? This workshop introduces participants to basic lifts, form, set up and safety tips. Meet in the Weight room by the platforms -- no registration required.
- SUP Pilates & Yoga Clinics
Combine stand up paddleboards (SUPs) with Pilates and yoga for the ultimate mind-body, balance and strength challenge. These four-week clinics take participants through basic sequences on SUPs in the pool. No previous SUP, Pilates or yoga experience required.
- Women on Weights
Build your confidence in the weight room with the guidance of a female personal trainer and the support of other women. Learn the different muscle groups, how to set up equipment, and proper exercise form and technique.
Certified personal trainers are available at about half the cost of other gyms. Buddy Sessions, Fitness Assessments, and Body Composition Tests are also available.
We offer affordable small group training options that motivate and help groups work toward a common goal.
- Intro to Weight Training
Intro to Weight Training is for those with no previous lifting experience. Learn proper strength exercise technique and focus on body awareness while progressing from foundational exercises to machine and free weight work. Activities are guided and group size is limited to ensure participants learn proper form.
- High Intensity Circuit Training
High Intensity Circuit Training is a fun and challenging workout style that combines aerobic and resistance training. Each session includes a dynamic warm-up, explanation of exercises, approximately 20 minutes of HITC, and a cool-down and stretching period. Participants can expect to make significant improvements in cardiovascular and muscular endurance while utilizing functional equipment such as TRX, kettlebells and battle ropes.
- With over 100 pieces of equipment and staff ready to help you with anything. We even have instructional videos (YouTube) to help you set-up and learn to use some of our equipment. Get familiar with the weight room and general workout concepts with a FREE guided tour and instruction on a variety of equipment. Contact Veronique at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- With over 80 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, incline trainers, cycle bikes, rowing machines, and more are available during all operational hours.
- We also have an indoor 1/11 mile track that's available during all operational hours.
Fitness On-the-Go provides the opportunity for specific PSU student groups or departments to request a custom Group X class just for them.
For accommodations please contact Jen Armbruster at 503-725-2927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.