What kind of transcript do I need?
Official transcripts are provided with the University insignia and the signature of the Director of Admissions and Records in a sealed envelope. To be considered official, most colleges and universities require transcripts to be presented in their original unopened envelope. Official transcripts are typically required for admission, or to obtain transfer credit.
Unofficial transcripts provide the same information as official transcripts, and are used for personal information or academic advising. They do not have the official insignia, nor are they printed on official transcript paper.
How do I order a transcript?
Requests for official transcripts may be made online using the PSU Information System, or by submitting a paper Transcript Request Form. The $4 fee for an official transcript is the same, regardless of the ordering method.
Unofficial transcripts are free and available online through the PSU Information System. Note that courses taken before 1981 are not included in the unofficial transcript.
Official transcripts: online or paper request?
Online requests for official transcripts are available for those who:
- Are prepared to purchase an official transcript using Visa or MasterCard
- First attended PSU after Spring 1991
- Do not need to place a "rush" on the order
- Do not have a financial hold on their student account
- Do not need to have the request held until current term grades are available or a degree has been awarded
- Are not required by an organization or school to submit additional third-party paperwork (such as LSAC or AMCAS) with the official transcript
Paper requests should be made when the online option is not appropriate or available. Access the Transcript Request Form. Print the form, fill it out completely, and remember to sign it -- unsigned requests cannot be processed. Submit the form in person, by fax, or mail (see contact information on the back panel).
In lieu of the form, submit a letter by mail or fax that includes:
- Full name
- Current mailing address & telephone number
- PSU student ID or SSN
- Any previous names of record
- Dates of attendance (approximate is okay)
- Date of birth
- Any PSU degree earned and the degree date
- Complete address(es) to which the official transcript(s) should be mailed
- Number of transcripts to send to each address
How does online transcript ordering work?
1. Log into the PSU Information System.
- Current Students: Click "Login with your ODIN account," enter your PSU ID number (or username), enter your password and click "Login"
Note: If you have login issues please to to oam.pdx.edu. On this page you can enter your PSU ID (or username) and click "forgot your password" to execute the forgot password process. If you have additional issues, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 503-725-3511.
- Alumni: Click "Login with your PSU ID number," enter your PSU ID number (also accepts SSN or username), enter your password and click "Login"
Note: If you have issues with your login, please enter your ID number or username and click "forgot your password." Follow instructions on the screen to reset your password. If you do no know your username or PSU ID number, or are having other issues, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 503-725-3511.
2. Once you have successfully logged in, select "Student Services and Financial Aid"
3. Select "Student Records"
- For an official transcript, select "Order Official Transcript" and follow the prompts
- For an unofficial transcript, select "View Unofficial Academic Transcript," and click "Submit"
What is the fee?
The fee for official transcripts is $4 each. You may pay by check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard. (These bank cards are the only payment option for online and faxed requests.) Additional fees apply for rush orders and expedited delivery.
What if I don't remember my attendance dates?
Attendance dates are necessary to ensure that you receive a complete transcript. It's okay to use approximate years when making your transcript request.
What if I have a hold on my account?
Transcripts cannot be released if a financial hold is placed on a student's record. Contact the University Financial Services office at 503-725-3440 to make arrangements to clear the hold.
How will I receive my transcript, and how long will it take?
- U.S. Postal Service delivery is standard. Normal processing time for official transcripts is 3-5 business days. At the end of each term and during the summer, processing time can increase to 5-10 business days. Delivery by domestic FedEx costs $15 (per mailing address) plus a $10 rush fee.
- Some institutions accept faxed transcripts -- there is an additional $10 fee for this service.
- Bring your photo ID to the Transcript Request Desk, Neuberger Hall Lobby, 9am-5pm, M-F
- Received by 5pm; pick up after 3pm the following day
Transcript Request Form orders
- Received by 12 noon; pick up after 3pm the same day
- Received after 12 noon.; pick up after 3pm the following day
Portland State University
Office of Admissions, Registration, and Records
PO Box 1389
Portland, OR 97207-1389