Aquatics and Safety
Make a splash with Campus Rec's Aquatics program! Aquatics offers many amazing many amazing programs and opportunities for all our members; including, swim lessons, swim clinics, Open Rec Swim, Swim X and much more. Come swim and play with us.
Spring 2015 Schedule
Open Rec Swim
Open Swim (Half Pool)
At this time, half of the pool will be available for free swim. Toys and other equipment are provided to use.
- Thursday | 9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Friday | 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays | 12:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday | 2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Open Rec Swim (Full Pool)
At this time, the whole pool will be available for free swim. Water polo, water basketball and other recreation activities will be available for use.
- Tuesdays | 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Thursdays | 8:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Sundays | 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
This class will move through both deep and shallow water to combine low impact but high intensity exercises into a great total body workout in the pool. With a variety of cardio, core, and strength work you can look forward to a great sweat! No swim experience required.
- Mon-Th | 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Kayak Roll Sessions
Open roll sessions are a chance for kayakers of all experience levels to work on skills in the safety of the pool. If you're a beginnger this is a great way to get comfortable in a boat, work on basic strokes, and start working towards more advanced skills. For intermediate or advanced paddlers the pool is a great place to master your roll (including your off-side roll, hand roll, etc), play with different types of boats, and strengthen core muscles for the paddling season ahead!
- Thursdays | 6:30 p.m. - 8:20 p.m.
Interested in improving your swimming technique & endurance? Want to be a part of a community of other passionate swimmers? Swim X is a free program for individuals who want to take their swim workouts to the next level. Average swim distance is two miles per workout. A trained and experienced coach will be at each practice to facilitate the workout and to provide helpful and insightful feedback on your strokes and techniques. All abilities are welcome and encouraged to join!
- M/W | 6:00 p.m. – 7:10 p.m.
- T/Th | 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
All lanes are available for lap swim unless otherwise specified by the lifeguards.
- M/W | 6:10 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays | 6:10 a.m. - 6:20 p.m. & 8:40 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Thursdays | 6:10 a.m. - 6:20 p.m.
- Fridays | 6:10 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturdays | 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.* & 12:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Sundays | 10:00 a.m. - 5:20 p.m. & 7:40 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
* On Saturdays 4/18-5/30, lap swim is not available 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. due to youth swim lessons.
Visit the Schedules & Events page for the full Aquatics schedule, including lap swim time. Lap swim is a dedicated time for members to use the pool to swim laps or aqua jog. There are times when lap swim coincides with another program and that program takes priority. However, there will always be at least 3 laps available for lap swimming during those programmed times. A priority lane is available during scheduled lap swim times for persons needing accommodations. Please let the lifeguard on duty know if you are going to utilize the priority lane to ensure it is clear.
Other programs include:
- CREC special events - including Dive-in Movies, family events, etc.
For accommodations please contact Jen Armbruster at 503-725-2927 or email@example.com.