All benefits-eligible faculty and staff must use payroll deduction in Banweb to become members (check with HR to see if you are benefits-eligible). It is not pre-tax and membership becomes active the day AFTER you sign up on Banweb.
Membership Sign Up:
- Log on to Banweb
- Select "Employee Services"
- Select "Benefits and Deductions"
- Select "Add a New Benefit or Deduction"
- Select "Campus Rec Center Membership"
- Non-benefits eligible staff may purchase a membership at the Member Services desk for 1,3, or 12 months. You must provide a CURRENT faculty/staff ID with an expiration date of contract.
- Faculty may self-sponsor themselves for $5/day.
- You must have a current PSU Faculty/Staff ID to access the building. Contact Card Services in Neuberger Hall to get a new card with an imbedded bar-code.
- If you wish to cancel your membership, you must do so by logging on to your MyPSU account by the 10th at 12:00 pm of each month in order for payroll deduction to stop for that month. If you cancel after that time, the membership will be canceled for the following month.
- Faculty/Staff on 9-month contracts will be able to do automatic payment only when they are receiving a paycheck. For the months that you do not receive a paycheck, you must purchase a membership at the Member Services desk.
- Children and dependants of members (age 17 or younger) may use the Rec Center during designated youth hours or for special youth events. More information may be found under Youth Program.
PEBB Reimbursement Benefit for Faculty/Staff Members
As part of your new PEBB benefits, PEBB is providing a $15/month reimbursement of gym memberships when you visit 12 times a month. Here is where Campus Rec can help out:
- The new PEBB gym subsidy began on October 1, 2013. Attend an approved gym at least 12 times a month and PEBB will subsidize the cost of your gym membership $15.00 per month. For more information or to join call 1-877-810-2746
- The Student Rec Center IS an approved facility to receive this benefit. You must be a Rec Center member to be able to track your 12 visits! If you are not a member yet, simply log into your banweb account and "Add Rec Center deduction". Current monthly rates are $30/month. With the deduction you’ll end up paying only $15/month if you come in 12 times.
- Attached is the form that will need to be by signed by your facility representative (essentially any of our member services staff) and mailed with your record of visits.
- Rec Center members can print their visit reports.
- This program is through PEBB and they can answer most of your questions at the number above. Exercise Rewards (exerciserewards.com) is the outside vendor they have chosen to implement this program. Any policy or program questions should go to those two entities first. Campus Rec is simply an approved facility.
For further questions on accessing the information for your subsidy, please contact Ashley Campbell, Member Services Coordinator at 5-2951 or firstname.lastname@example.org