The Global Village community provides residents the opportunity to live in an intentionally created international/domestic student community with students from diverse backgrounds. Students can immerse themselves in the languages and cultures of the diverse members of the community, practice intercultural communication skills and develop global leadership skills. Global Village provides leadership opportunities for students through partnerships with campus groups and committees.
Global Village is located on the 9th floor of Ondine, in suite style rooms. Residents will be placed in suites with international and domestic students and will have an opportunity to participate in informal and organized activities. Each term, residents can expect to learn informally about the cultures of their floor-mates and participate in a service project and weekly social events.
Global Village may be a good place for you if...
- You are an international student who wants to make friends with domestic students.
- You are a domestic student who wants to practice your foreign language skills.
- You are an international student who wants to practice your English skills.
- You are a domestic student who wants an experience to develop leadership skills with an international focus.
- You are an international student who wants to share your culture.
- You are a domestic student who wants an international experience that can be used on your resume or CV.
- You are a domestic student who wants to learn intercultural communication skills.
For more information, please contact UHRL at 503-725-4375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.