International Student Scholarships
International Achievement Scholarship
The International Achievement Scholarship is awarded to new incoming international undergraduate students on the basis of their academic achievement. Students who maintain high academic standing are automatically reviewed for the scholarship at the time of admission.
Award Amount: Between $3,000 and $10,000 per academic year.
- Eligible students typically have entering equivalent grade point averages (GPA) of at least 3.25 out of a possible 4.0 grading scale;
- Students sponsored by state entities or outside parties/organizations may be ineligible for the award. Specific university-level partnerships are also excluded from eligibility.
- The International Achievement Scholarship is restricted to new admission applicants only. Students already enrolled at Portland state are not eligible to apply for this scholarship or to request an increase in an award amount after the point of admission;
- Recipients must be classified as non-resident for tuition classification status;
- Students who have not yet met the TOEFL/English Language Proficiency requirement are eligible for this scholarship; however, activation of the scholarship will be delayed until after the ESL restriction has been lifted and the students are fully eligible for unrestricted enrollment in academic degree-seeking coursework.
No separate application is required. Applicants are automatically considered.
Fulbright Matching Grant
The Fulbright Matching Grant is available to Fulbright Scholars who are admitted and enroll in Portland State University degree programs. This renewable grant is available to all graduate-level Fulbright Scholars who begin a degree program at Portland State University. This grant is not available to students pursuing an undergraduate or post baccalaureate degree. A separate application form is not required to receive this grant. To be considered for this grant, contact the The Graduate School. Portland State waives the admissions application fee for Fulbright scholars.
Award Amount: The grant will match up to $4,500 of Fulbright sponsorship during each academic year of the degree program. This grant is applicable to Portland State University instructional fees in each eligible term of enrollment.
Scholarships Administered by International Student Services
The International Cultural Service Program (ICSP), the International Student Retention Scholarship (ISRS), and the Keith Morden Memorial scholarships are administered through the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) for qualified F-1 and J-1 students.