Nonresidents receive up to $6,000 to cover tuition
Portland State University awards the Out-of-State Opportunity Scholarship (OOS) to academically qualified incoming freshman and transfer students.
All applicants are automatically considered for OOS, no separate application is required.
OOS is available to freshman students for up to four academic years and transfer students for up to two academic years (dependent on class standing).
Award Amount: up to $6,000 annually
If an applicant does not meet the requirements for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) they will be considered for OOS. OOS cannot be combined with WUE. Co-Admitted students are not eligible for OOS.
Scholarship amounts vary and are calculated based on a student's residency status, application materials and academic performance. To receive the scholarship students must apply to start in fall term, be a first-time PSU student, and enroll full-time (12 - 15 credits per term).
- Nonresident of Oregon
- First-time PSU student
- Enroll full time (12 or more credits per term)
- Start in fall term
- Meet PSU's academic requirements for OOS:
|2.5 - 2.99||$3,000|
|2.5 - 2.99||$4,000|
Incoming students will be notified via email of their OOS award.
All applicants to PSU are encouraged to complete a FAFSA.
OOS is renewable for up to 12 academic terms for incoming freshman students and 6 academic terms for incoming transfer students, to maintain OOS studnets must:
- Enroll full time (12 or more credits per term) each standard academic term (fall, winter, spring)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress at PSU which includes maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA
- Maintain status as a nonresident undergraduate student