Financial Holds Policy

If you are unable to access your PSU student account online, you may have a transcript or registration hold.

How to View Your Active Holds

  1. Go to Banweb and log in to your PSU student account.
  2. Navigate to the Student Finances tab.
  3. Under the Student Billing Account section, select View Holds.

Types of Holds 

Registration & Transcript Holds are placed on accounts under any of the following circumstances:

  • Prior term balance is greater than $0.00
  • Account payment is past due on the 2nd or 3rd installment of the PSU Payment Plan
  • Current term balance is greater than $250 for accounts enrolled in restricted differential tuition courses 4 weeks into the term
  • Unsatisfied Perkins Loan requirements exist
  • Account has been transferred to a collection agency
  • Account has a stop payment or returned check payment associated with it
  • Account has been written off for active collection

If you have a registration hold and you’ve recently paid your balance in full, your hold will be removed automatically by the next business day. No further effort is needed on your part. If you need your hold removed immediately after payment, call the Student Accounts Office at 503-725-3440 and choose option 1 from the phone menu.

  • Transcript Holds are placed on accounts when the 2nd or 3rd payment plan installments are not paid in full. The missed payment must be paid in full in order to have the transcript hold removed. 
  • Diploma Holds are placed on accounts that have an outstanding balance or unsatisfied Perkins requirements. Diplomas will not be released until accounts have been paid in full and all Perkins requirements are met.
  • Perkins Loan Holds are placed on accounts that have not completed a Perkins Exit-Interview or that are delinquent. Transcripts and diplomas will not be released on accounts with a Perkins hold until the Exit-Interview is completed and the delinquency has been resolved.
  • Current Address Holds are placed on accounts with invalid addresses and/or returned mail. The address on file with the university must be updated before the hold can be removed.