Health Services is still here for you
We remain committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of PSU students. Health Services staff have established telehealth services through secure Zoom video conferencing. Call 503.725.2800 first to schedule your appointment.
SHAC Health Services
Scheduling an appointment is easy! Call 503.725.2800 or use the online Patient Portal. For a medication refill call your pharmacy or contact SHAC’s main line.
The Patient Portal is a secure portal allowing students to communicate with Health Services.
A Student Health Fee covers most Medical and Counseling Services at SHAC. However, there are some services that incur an additional cost. For students with private insurance (i.e. are not on the PSU Student Health Insurance Plan) these charges are billed to the student’s PSU account.
Location: University Center Building Suite 200
Is SHAC Closed? Use the 24-Hour External Nurse Advice Line: 844.224.3145
Hours: M - Th 9am - 5pm & Fri 10am - 5pm
Diagnostic Lab Drop-In Hours:
M - Th 9am-12:30pm & 1pm - 4pm
Fri 10am-12:30pm &
Let us know how we're doing.
You can use our contact form to send us feedback, compliments or concerns about Health Services. Go to our contact form, and select "Health Services" in the menu.
Health Services Provided
- Routine Adult Medical Care
- Same Day Care
- Lab and X-Ray Facilities
- Screenings for STIs/STDs
- Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- Wellness exams such as pap smears
- Referrals to specialists
- Exams and support for sexual assault survivors (SANE)
- Student Travel Appointments
- Trans Health
- Prescription Refills (Please be aware that HS does NOT prescribe or refill certain types of medications) Note: HS does NOT prescribe narcotic pain medications, sleep medications, stimulants, or psych medications. Call to speak to a nurse if you have questions.
Acupuncture at SHAC: CLOSED Summer Term
Limited Appointments Per Term
- 3 visits per term
- Individual sessions (50 minutes)
- Group sessions (30 minutes)
- In depth review to discuss an individual plan.
Cost of Acupuncture Services
- Group acupuncture session: $10
- 50 minute individual acupuncture: $150
- All acupuncture fees are billed directly to a student's PSU account.
- Students on the PSU PacificSource Student Health Insurance Plan are covered at 100% (no out-of-pocket cost) at SHAC.
- Learn about the Acupuncture Group Expectations.
Off Campus Vision Resources
SHAC does not provide vision services. You can find a variety of options in the surrounding community.
SHAC Patient Portal
There are a variety of ways to utilize the secure online Patient Portal: Update your profile information, schedule and cancel routine appointments, update your health history, view and print referrals, review messages by providers and SHAC staff, complete forms, scan and upload your current insurance card,
Accessing Services at SHAC
Assessment and diagnosis, informed consent hormone therapy, prescribing gender affirming hormones, injections, counseling, and Trans friendly providers.
Accessing Services NOT Provided at SHAC
Need a referral or letter? Schedule an appointment at 503.725.2800. Have questions regarding Trans healthcare outside of SHAC? Contact email@example.com or visit the Trans Health Resource Guide.
Trans Health Resource Guide
Portland State's Center for Student Health & Counseling (SHAC) is excited to launch a new comprehensive Transgender Health Care Resource Guide that provides students with FAQs, access information, services provided at SHAC, community resources and more!
This document has been prepared by Portland State's Queer & Trans Healthcare Team and the Trans Health Clinical Consultation team at SHAC.
Trans Friendly Community Resources
Do you need information about providers in the community after you graduate? Need insurance information? Visit the Portland State Queer Resource Center (QRC) Trans Community Resource Page for more information.
Sexual Assault Resources
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program
Supporting students survivors of sexual misconduct:
- Visits are confidential and a police report does not have to be made to receive an exam (unless you are under the age of 18).
- Most services are free or include a minimal charge.
- If there is a potentially life threatening injury we will assist getting you to an emergency room.
- Forensic evidence can be collected within 120 hours or 5 days of an assault. If you choose to not report, forensic evidence will be collected anonymously and held for 60 years. You may choose to report in that time.
- The SANE program works with PSU campus advocates who are available to support you through the SANE process and ensure your access to support services on and off campus.
- If assault occurred over 5 days ago, you can still access medical services related to assault at SHAC.
- A nurse can also assist in scheduling an appointment with Counseling Services if the patient desires.
- If SHAC is closed, see “Off Campus” resources below.
Outside of SHAC business hours, services can be accessed at Portland area hospitals. For more information, contact the 24-hour hotline at Call to Safety 503-235-5333. Call to Safety resources connect with Call to Safety’s 24/7 crisis line, in-person medical advocacy, follow-up advocacy and support groups.
24/7 External Nurse Advice Line
SHAC partners with TeamHealth, an external nurse advice line, to provide 24/7 health assistance and information for PSU students. For after hours assistance, contact 1.844.224.3145.