Dental Services is here for you!
We remain committed to supporting the dental health and wellbeing of PSU students. We are currently offering routine and emergency dental care services.
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF SHAC DENTAL
Hours, Contact & Location
527 SW Hall Street, Suite 309 (Enter through 307) (UCB 3rd floor)
Portland, OR 97201
503.725.2611 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, January 15th: 8am- 5pm (closed 12-1pm)
- Monday, January 18th: Closed for Holiday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 19th: 8am- 5pm (closed 12-1pm)
- Wednesday, January 20th: Closed
- Thursday, January 21st: 8am- 5pm (closed 12-1pm)
- Friday, January 22nd: 8am- 5pm (closed 12-1pm)
Dental Services Eligibility
Any PSU student taking at least one credit hour per term is eligible to use SHAC Dental Services on a fee-for-service basis. There is no student dental insurance plan, however the cost of services is greatly reduced compared to those of a private dental clinic.
Licensed, Professional Staff
All treatment is done by licensed, experienced providers with your comfort in mind. Our dental office does not have student dentists. All services are confidential. We advocate for patient's rights and responsibilities and encourage all our patients to become familiar with our policy.
All services fees are billed to your student account and therefore do not have to be paid right away. However, any dental service that requires an item to be sent to Dental Services’ laboratory will necessitate payment up front.
Payment for Treatment
The majority of our services are billed to your student account. Your account can be paid in the same manner as your tuition. A few products which are made in a lab outside of PSU (such as night guards and crowns) require payment prior to treatment and students can pay in the dental clinic with a check, debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only). You will always be informed if prepayment is required.
Any PSU student taking at least one credit hour per term is eligible to use SHAC Dental Services on a fee-for-service basis. The cost of service is greatly reduced compared to those of a private dental clinic. There is no student dental insurance plan, however if you have your own dental insurance plan, excluding Oregon Health Plan, we can submit a claim for you.
SHAC's Dental Services are 30 - 50% lower cost than other community dentists!
Our clinic accepts most insurances and can file a claim on your behalf. *We can accept Blue Cross Blue Shield plans that do not require electronic claims. We do not accept OHP, Willamette Dental, and Kaiser Permanente Dental.
2020 - 2021 Dental Services & Fees
Office Visit: $30 per visit
Summer Office Visit: $45 per visit
Missed Appointment Fee: $30 per hour
Diagnostic & Preventative Services
- Routine & Emergency exams: Covered by office visit fee
- Sealants: $42-$47
- Teeth cleaning: $55-$60
- All X-rays: Covered by office visit fee
- Oral cancer screening: Covered by office visit fee
- Oral hygiene instruction: Covered by office visit fee
- Periodontal screening: Covered by office visit fee
Restorative Dentistry & Prosthetics
- Fillings (Amalgam): $65-$125 (dependent on size and number of surfaces filled)
- Composite fillings (White): $65-$160 (dependent on size and number of surfaces filled)
- Crowns: $650-$685
- Bridge-per tooth: $650-$655 (dependent on material)
- Routine extraction-single tooth: $110-$115
- Surgical extraction: $200-$205
- Impacted wisdom teeth extractions: $280-$330
- Root canal therapy-anterior: $350-$355
- Root canal therapy-premolar: $475-$480
- Root canal therapy-molar: $525-$530
- Nitrous oxide: $55-$60 an hour
- Night guard: $275-$280
- Teeth bleaching tray: $125-$130 per tray
- Root planing : $60-$110 per quadrant
Please note: The Standard of Care in Oregon requires that current radiographs are available prior to treating a patient. If a patient without medical justification refuses to allow radiographs to be taken, even with a signed waiver, providing treatment to that patient violates the Oregon Board of Dentistry Standard of Care. If new patients have current (within the last year) radiographs they can have them sent to the Portland State dental clinic or bring them to their new patient appointment.