International Student Health Insurance

Visa, Government, and U.S. Employer

Visa: You are on a J visa and have adequate health insurance that you purchase before you arrive in the US.

Government: Your government or embassy pays for your scholarship and provides you health insurance through  a U.S. health insurance company.

U.S. Employer: You have comparable insurance coverage through your, your spouse’s, or parent’s U.S. employer.


Insurance Plan Waiver Criteria

Deductible: No more than a $2,500 individual deductible.

Hospital: At least 70% in-patient hospitalization coverage.

Medical Evacuation & Repatriation: Medical Evacuation and Repatriation coverage.





It is required for a spouse or child on an F-2 or J-2 visa to carry appropriate health insurance.  If you have a dependent on a different visa classification, we strongly recommend that they hold adequate health insurance. 



Make sure you are registered for 1 or more credits per term. Your student insurance will be billed to your PSU student account.

Enroll Dependent

The cost is $935 per term for each family member and you will pay using a credit card. Visit Academic Health Plans for more information.

Re-enroll Each Term

You must re-enroll your family members within the first two weeks of each term.

Contact the Insurance Team


Schedule an Appointment

Office Hours TBD