The English major is part of the Language, Culture, and Meaning Pathway
Students in this pathway are assigned to an advisor based on the last two digits of their PSU ID number. For general advising questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To make an appointment with an advisor, visit the Language, Culture, and Meaning Pathway's website.
Questions about graduate programs or admissions? Email email@example.com.
What can Academic Advisors help with?
Academic advisors are valuable resources, who are here to help you successfully finish your degree! Make an advising appointment to get assistance with:
- Creating an academic plan and tracking your progress towards the English major, Creative Writing major, and general degree requirements.
- Exploring the major (for prospective or undecided students) and/or minors in English, Writing and Film.
- Selecting courses that fit your personal, educational and professional goals and schedule.
- Learning about PSU resources to help you overcome academic challenges.
- Preparing for internships, careers, graduation and/or graduate school.
- Understanding academic policies and completing academic petitions or other forms.
How should I prepare for my advising appointment?
Here are a few tips to get the best results from your advising appointment:
- Prospective students and post-bac students: please bring unofficial copies of all transcripts!
- Current students: please bring your English Major Advising Worksheet if you have one already
- Don't be afraid to ask questions! University policy and procedures can be very complex, so asking questions is great way to get a handle on them.
- Write down your questions so you don't forget them during your appointment.
- Come prepared to your advising session by reading the requirements for your major/minor in advance.
- If you’re unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please call 503-725-3822 to cancel.