English Minor Requirements
Requirements for Minor in English
To earn a minor in English a student must complete 28 advisor-approved credits (12 credits of which must be taken in residence at PSU):
- Twelve credits must be literature courses.
- Sixteen credits must be at the upper-division level.
- No more than 8 credits total and no more than 4 credits in each of the following may be applied to the English minor: Eng 199, 399, 401, 405, 408, 409; Wr 199, 399, 405.
- With the exception of upper-division creative writing courses, any course used to satisfy departmental minor requirements must be taken under the differentiated grading option and must have been assigned a grade of C or above. Upper-division creative writing courses assigned a grade of pass may apply to the minor.
- The following courses will not count as part of the English minor: Wr 115, 121, 211, 222.
For a list of English and Writing courses that may count in the English minor (except for the courses noted above as not applicable), please see our course offerings for the current term or review the full list of English and Writing courses in the Bulletin.
Contact an advisor in the Language, Culture, and Meaning Pathway.