BH101 Management of Human Resources
This course examines the key functions of human resources and the competitive advantage that HR provides in
organizations. You learn through lecture, discussion, case analysis and small-group work.
What You Cover
- The human resource discipline: philosophy, function, and competitive advantage
- An overview of U.S. employment law
- Job analysis, job design, and employee motivation
- Talent acquisition and development
- HR's role in training and development
- The basics of compensation and benefits
How You Benefit
- This course provides an overview of the HR field and students are encouraged to explore the field of human resource management as a career choice
- Students gain an awareness of how the human resource function can be used to constantly improve the bottom line of the organization
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Jennifer Johnson
Jennifer Johnson, MBA, SPHR, GPHR is the HR Director at Lightspeed Technologies. She has 20 years of human resources experience in a variety of organizations in the Portland area. She has a BA in government from California State University, Sacramento and an MBA from Portland State University. She is the founder and moderator of the HR Network, an online community for local HR professionals.
Instructor: Tammi Wheeler
Tammi Wheeler, MS, SPHR, is principal of PeopleSense, LLC, specializing in customized leadership and talent development services including: organizational assessments, individual coaching, team and leadership development, management training and group facilitation. With over 20 years’ experience, Tammi excels in building strategic partnerships and deploying people strategies that are aligned to achieve business results. While at Intel she spent nearly ten years in a number of strategic leadership positions and led a large global team of human resource professionals. She is confident that every organization can realize continuous improvement through effectively leading and aligning their talent. Tammi holds a Master’s Degree in Whole Systems Design/Organizational Development from Antioch University and is certified in Myers-Briggs, Hogan Assessments, Facet Five, DDI and Achieve Global. She teaches in CEPE's Human Resource Management and Six Sigma programs.
Notes: Management of Human Resources (BH101) is strongly recommended as the first course, especially for those entering the certificate program with less than two years experience in the field.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate:
Human Resource Management