Human Resource Management Certificate Program
About Human Resource Management
Human Resources plays an important role in helping companies cultivate a positive work culture, drive employee productivity, and achieve organizational goals. Human resources professionals are employed in a wide variety of industries and in organizations of all sizes. CEPE’s Human Resource Management certificate program is designed to offer participants a strong foundation in the human resources discipline and offer practical tools and takeaways that are immediately applicable in the workplace. Getting a certificate in Human Resource Management will give professionals of all backgrounds functional skills and a competitive advantage in today’s complex business world.
|Courses delivered in a virtual format with live instructor & student interaction|
|4 times per year (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)|
|Six, 15-hour classes (2 days each class, 8:00am - 4:30pm) 2 academic quarters (up to 3 years maximum to complete)|
|Full certificate cost: $3,774|
I learned so much more about my own interests in the field, and really connected with instructors & fellow students in a very special way. Excellent, diverse courses, instructors & students - all of which made the entire experience incredible rich and valuable.
- Alexandra Eldridge
Who Should Attend
Professionals in any industry who are seeking to explore a career in human resources, or established human resources professionals who need to refresh and develop their skills.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this program, students will have gained the knowledge to:
- Understand the philosophy and function of the HR discipline
- Be familiar with laws that protect employees
- Use increased business acumen to enhance HR’s role in organizational success
- Understand role of compensation and benefits as part of a total rewards system
6 Required Certificate Courses
Courses may be taken individually and in any order unless otherwise noted. If pursuing the certificate, all courses in the certificate program must be completed within three years. Please note, we recommend starting the program with BH101 if you are new to the HR field.
Core Courses (4 are required)
- BH101: Management of Human Resources
- This course provides a broad exploration of the HR discipline and examines the key competencies of an HR professional across different functional areas.
- BH105: Employment Law & Regulations
- This course explores the important subjects of employee and labor relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, and job safety and health in a historical and legal context.
- BH104: Business Acumen
- This course offers HR professionals the opportunity to better understand the business in which they operate as a whole in order to contribute most effectively to organizational success.
- BH315: Total Rewards
- The course explores how HR professionals play a key role in attracting and retaining employees through the development and implementation of total rewards packages in regard to compensation and benefits.
Electives (Choose any 2)
- BH314: Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement, and Retention
- This course leads participants through the talent acquisition process, focusing on selection principles, retention applications, and best practices to onboard and retain talent at all levels, with a special focus on employee engagement.
- BH206: Effective Training Design and Evaluation
- This course examines the latest instructional design trends and gives students the resources and practical tools necessary to develop and evaluate their own in-house training.
- BH110: Strategic Leadership & Influence
- This course allows participants to identify and develop their own leadership abilities while aligning human resources initiatives with the goals and values of the organization to ensure the delivery of a compelling business case.
- BH207: Change Management & Conflict Resolution
- In this course, participants learn the foundations of change management and also develop the skills they will need to diagnose and manage interpersonal conflict, clarify organizational values, and select appropriate interventions to develop solutions.
- BH455: Finance for HR Professionals
- This course will help participants understand key financial concepts and learn how each can increase employee productivity and drive organizational performance.
Prep Courses (Do not count toward completion of certificate)
- BH457: PHR and aPHR Exam Prep Boot Camps
- These online courses are designed by subject matter experts and include discussion questions, case studies, and practice quizzes, as well as test-taking skills, to help students prepare for the PHR® and aPHR® exams.