ID Services

NOTICE: Student Financial Services and the Financial Wellness Center, including the ID Services desk, have been moved to the Western Hemlock Trailer Pod located south of Shattuck Hall.

(Enter the pod through the Shattuck Hall parking lot, and use the second ramp on the left. That will direct you to the Student Financial Services, Cashiers, and Financial Wellness Center offices.)


Services Provided

  • Issuing of PSU Student, Faculty, and Contractor ID cards to all approved PSU affiliates
  • Answering of questions regarding PSU ID cards
  • Secure deactivation and disposal of PSU ID cards
  • Processing of lost-and-found ID cards, including cardholder notification

Why do I need an ID card? 

Your Student ID Card allows you to access the Student Rec Center, check out library books, and enter academic buildings. Additionally, if you live on campus, your PSU ID functions as your entry card for the dorms and your meal ticket for on-campus dining. If you have a parking pass, your ID card will also let you in at the parking structure where your vehicle is registered. You may get an ID card as long as you have been assigned a PSU ID number and are currently registered for at least one university credit. 

Faculty/Staff ID Cards allow university personnel to access departmental resources and restricted areas, in addition to basic access to buildings and resources. You may get an ID card as long as you are listed as an active faculty/staff member and have been assigned a PSU ID number. 

Contractors and other temporary positions requiring campus identification and access will need to have their PSU partner complete a Card Request. Once this has been completed and approved, contractors can come to the ID Services window to have their contractor ID printed. 


Your first Student or Faculty/Staff ID card is free. Subsequent ID cards and all contractor ID cards are subject to our ID Card Fees.

Be sure to check out our FAQs page for more information.

ID Services does not accept payments. All charges from our department will be billed to your BanWeb account.

**Please Note: Only one badge type (Student OR Faculty/Staff) can be active at a time for any one person.**


To Obtain Your Student or Faculty/Staff ID:

All transactions require a valid government-issued photo ID. Valid forms include Driver License, DMV State ID, Passport, Military ID, or Permanent Resident Card.
Please note that we do not accept high school ID cards as government-issued proof of identity.

If you wish to have your preferred name used on your university records and ID card, please see the Registrar's Office for information on procedures and ramifications. 

Acceptable documents to prove your current full legal name include:

  • An official government issued marriage certificate/license (signed by a government official and including a filed date, stamp, seal or other notation showing that the document has been filed with a government agency);
  • A record of Domestic Partnership issued by Oregon Vital Statistics signed by a government official with a stamp or seal showing the document has been recorded with the State Registrar;
  • An out-of-state government issued record of Domestic Partnership signed by a government official with a stamp or seal showing the document was filed with the city, county or state agency responsible for registering Domestic Partnerships in that state.
  • A U.S. city, county or state court-issued divorce decree, judgment of dissolution of marriage, annulment of marriage decree, judgment of dissolution of domestic partnership, or annulment of domestic partnership;
  • A government-issued death certificate of spouse, that includes a connection to your current full legal name (signed by a government official and including a stamp to show that the document has been filed);
  • A U.S. city, county or state court-issued adoption decree;
  • A U.S. city, county or state court-issued legal name change decree; 
  • A U.S. city, county or state court-issued custody decree or guardianship decree;
  • Oregon Driver License, Instruction Permit or ID Card;
  • Canadian government issued birth certificate;
  • Military ID card, Common Access card and Uniform Services ID & Privilege card (including all branches of military personnel and dependents, not including Merchant Marines);
  • Other U.S. state, U.S. territory, District of Columbia, Canadian or U.S. Department of State driver license, instruction permit or identification card;
  • Oregon Concealed Weapon permit/Concealed Handgun license;
  • Tribal identification card issued by a federally recognized tribe; or
  • Oregon County Community Corrections, U.S. Pretrial, U.S. District Court Probation Office, or Oregon Youth Authority proof of identification letter.
  • A Matricula Consular from the Mexican Consulate

Lost-and-Found ID Cards

We process lost-and-found PSU ID cards only. If you have lost items other than or in addition to a PSU ID card, please contact PSU Campus Public Safety at 503-725-4407. 

When we receive found cards, our office notifies the cardholder via an email to their email address. Found cards are held for 30 days at the ID Services window, and then destroyed. All found cards must be picked up in person by the cardholder, who must present a valid government-issued photo ID to claim their lost PSU ID. 


Hours of operation:

Phones: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri.

Office: (fall/winter/spring) 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Mon.-Thurs.; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fri.
First week of terms (fall/winter/spring): 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Mon.-Thurs.; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Fri.
Summer term & between terms: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri.