Project Management Certificate Program
About Project Management
Projects are everywhere — in healthcare, IT, government, nonprofits, retail, construction, education, banking, and more. With a projected 6.2 million project management roles added in the U.S. by 2020, the field of project management continues to be a top career choice. The ability to create and lead successful projects is no longer left solely to professional project managers; these skills are now required by the vast majority of positions regardless of industry or title.
PSU’s comprehensive Project Management Certificate is aligned with the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK® and offers a combination of project planning and tracking tools, communication techniques, and leadership and conflict management skills to give project managers the balance for success. Students will leave with the tools they need to manage projects in any industry, regardless of size, scope, or budget. All of the project management courses provide a variety of practical approaches and tools that can be used on the job immediately.
|Courses are delivered remotely, with a blend of virtual live sessions and self-paced activities.|
|4 times per year (Fall, Winter, Spring, & Summer)|
|Four, 1 week long classes (workload for each class is 15 hours)|
||Full certificate cost: $2,796|
CEPE's Project Management certificate is well known and esteemed. Working on the certificate has impressed my network and mentors. I found the networking to be a great bonus as well.
- Samantha Sharka
Who Should Attend
This certificate program is intended for individuals who have little formal education in project management but hold project management positions or manage projects along with other professional duties. This program is also appropriate for those looking to move into this growing and dynamic industry.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Define the business need that drives projects;
- Evaluate project complexity and choose the right type of project and associated project management methodologies;
- Use best practices of project teamwork and communication;
- Manage risk and react effectively in the face of the unexpected;
- Learn leadership and conflict management skills to keep the project team on track.
4 Required Certificate Courses
Courses may be taken individually and in any order unless otherwise noted. If pursuing the certificate, all courses in the certificate program must be completed within three years. A recommended sequence is below.
- BP111: Project Planning and Organization
- Develop a suite of tools and concepts supported by hands-on exercises to help initiate and plan a project to be successful.
- BP110: Project Management Communications and Teamwork
- Learn how to approach the people and team issues associated with projects, and become familiar with the tools and skills needed to create and empower effective project teams.
- BP113: Project Execution and Management
- Explore the overall management and execution of a project along with monitoring, control, and closing.
- BP115: Project Leadership and Conflict Management
- Learn about the art of leadership in the project team and understand the unique role of the leader in a successful project.