Fields of Expertise:
U.S. West and Pacific Northwest; Native American history; public history
- In progress: Dispatches from the Field: An Introduction to Public History (with Melinda Jette), Rutledge Press.
- In Defense of Wyam: Native-White Alliances and the Struggle for Celilo Village, University of Washington Press, 2018
- “Reflections on Pacific Northwest Regionalism on an Edge of Empire,” Middle West Review, Volume 4, No.1, Fall 2017.
- "Shared Authority in the Context of Tribal Sovereignty: Building Capacity for Partnerships with Indigenous Nations." The Public Historian 35, no. 4 (2013): 20-39.
- Nature’s Northwest: The North Pacific Slope in the Twentieth Century (with William Robbins), University of Arizona Press, 2011.
- "Stories Worth Recording: Martha McKeown and the Documentation of Pacific Northwest Life," Oregon Historical Quarterly, Volume 110, No. 4, Winter 2009.
- "Remembering Celilo Falls," a special issue of the Oregon Historical Quarterly, Winter 2007, Volume 108, No. 4, guest editor with Andrew Fisher. Contributed "From Coyote to the Corps of Engineers: Recalling History at The DallesKCelilo Reach," (with Andrew H. Fisher).
- "The Utmost Human Consequence: Art and Peace on the Oregon Coast, 1942K1946," (with Eliza Elkins Jones) Oregon Historical Society, Volume 107, No. 4, Winter 2006.
- Death of Celilo Falls, University of Washington Press, 2005.
- HST 331, Native Americans of Western North America
- HST 338, Oregon History
- HST 409/509, Public History Seminar
- HST 411/511, Public History Lab
- HST 442/542, Race, Class, and Gender in the American West
- HST 444/544, History of the Pacific Northwest
- HST 464/564, Indians of the Pacific Northwest
- HST 467/567, Readings in Native American History
- HST 496/596, Introduction to Public History
- HST 500, Introduction to the MA Program in History
Ph.D., American Studies
Washington State University