Academic Coaching Resources
Week 9: "How to Study" Workshops Just in Time for Finals!
"How to Study'' workshops led by our Tutors and Academic Coaches are available for American Sign Language, Biology, Economics, French, Math, Physics, Psychology, Russian, Sociology, Spanish, and Statistics. Sign in to Penji for a full list of dates and times!
Kurzweil 3000 - A free online document support tool!
Convert PDFs with ease! Kurzweil 3000 is a free support software with a wide range of uses for working with electronic docs! Use it to convert docs from text to speech, mark up docs, take notes, create outlines, and build brainstorms -- all in one place! Try it on your own or meet with a coach for a demo!
- Goal Setting
- Test Taking
- On-campus Resources
- Online + Remote Learning Support
- Active Learning Tips
- Cooperative and Collaborative Learning
- Generating Questions from Lecture Notes
- Kurzweil Interest Form
- Learning Styles Profile Online Survey
- Nine Types of Mnemonics for Better Memory
- The PRR Study Method
- Pomodoro Method
- Prepping for Midterms and Finals Video (Runtime 21:06)
- SQ4R: An Active Reading Strategy Handout
- SQ4R: An Active Reading Strategy Video (Runtime 20:55)
- The Study Cycle
- Study Smarter, Not Harder Handout
- Study Smarter, Not Harder Video (Runtime 32:08)
- Emergency Test Preparation
- Preparing for and Taking Tests
- Reduce Test Anxiety in Seven Days
- Tips for Different Kinds of Tests
- Hello, Motivation...Where Are You? Video (Runtime 17:33)
- Make a Personal Academic Calendar
- Motivation Tips
- Online Self-Care Assessment
- Online Time Survey
- Self-Management - Setting Priorities
- Taking Control of the Clock: Self-management Strategies Video (Runtime 21:53)
- Tips for Procrastination
Want Personalized Support?
Meet with an academic coach!
An academic coach can help with strategies for organizing your time, reading more effectively, how to approach a test, motivation, and more. Academic coaching supports academic success!