Career & Community Studies
If you missed our virtual Information Nights, not to worry! You can still learn about the program by watching a session recording or contacting us with questions!
We accept an average of six students per year. Admission requirements and application instructions are below.
1) Admission Requirements
At this time, eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a documented diagnosis of Intellectual Disability
- Have a personal interest in attending college and completing a 4-year experience
- Have some type of prior work experience (volunteering counts too!)
2) Program Costs
CCS has two primary cost components:
- PSU Tuition & Fees, for which the students and their families are solely responsible
- CCS Program Services Costs, which may partially be the student and their family’s responsibility after fall 2021
For help paying for college, review the following information:
- CCS students are eligible for Financial Aid through Portland State University. Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) open every year on October 1st.
- A limited number of CCS students have access to IDA accounts through Community Vision, Inc. Students must have inclusive employment in order to be eligible for an IDA account.
- Scholarships are also available:
3) Application Instructions
Fall 2021 Admissions Timeline
- December 7, 2020: CCS application opens
- March 29, 2021: CCS application closes
- Spring 2021: Interviews and final admissions decision
- Summer 2021: Preparation and orientation
- September 27, 2021: First day of fall term!
Review our Application Orientation document, which walks you through each section of the application.
You can fill out your application anytime between December 7, 2020 and March 29, 2021, by submitting the application form. You must complete all elements of the application in one sitting, so be prepared prior to starting your application!