Resources and Reporting
Resources & Reporting
This page offers some resources about diversity, equity and social justice at the Toulan School and Portland State University, and identifies reporting options for Toulan School community members.
Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning, General Resources
- See our June 2021 letter to the TSUSP community with an update on our efforts on justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- MURP students and alumni action letter, Summer 2020 and School response, fall 2020
Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning, Belonging, Justice and Dignity Committee (more about us here) Public Materials
- Check out our current priorities and recent efforts here.
- USP Annual Tracking of Race/Ethnicity, Sex, and Legacy of Students
- Curriculum Review, June 2020
- Report out on Action Planning and Spring 2018 Focus Groups, Fall 2018
PSU and Beyond Resources on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Faculty (brief list only)
- PSU GDI Diversity Education and Learning
- PSU Office of Academic Innovation has various supports and opportunities
- Academics for Black Survival and Wellness
PSU Resources on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Students (brief list only)
- PSU’s Office of Global Diversity and Inclusion (GDI), including Student Support & Programs and reports from a 2015 “Students of Color Speak Out” and follow-up events.
- PSU’s Cultural Resource Centers
- PSU's Disability Resource Center
- PSU School of Social Work Equity, Partnership & Inclusion Council Lending Library
- For white students: Anti-racism resources (this is just one possible list; there are many others!)
Feedback, Reporting and Assistance
Do you have feedback on how to make the Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning a more inclusive and equitable community?
Are you experiencing any diversity, equity and inclusion-related issues (such as racial bias, sexual harassment, and misconduct)?
Below are some options for giving feedback, reporting and/or seeking assistance.
- Email the Belonging, Justice and Dignity committee at: email@example.com. We can both hear and act on feedback and provide assistance to individuals on deciding next steps.
- Submit anonymous feedback using this form, which goes to the TSUSP Belonging, Justice and Dignity committee. The Committee reviews submissions monthly, and decides next steps.
- Contact the Director of the Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning, Dr. Aaron Golub, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Dean of the College of Urban and Public Affairs, Dr. Sy Adler, email@example.com
- Submit a Bias Incident Report Form, which goes to Global Diversity & Inclusion and Campus Public Safety.
- File a complaint of discrimination against a PSU student, staff, or faculty member who you believe is engaging in discriminatory conduct against you or others. The Office of Equity & Compliance will work with you to determine if an investigation is appropriate.
- If you wish to submit a conduct complaint or a violation of the Student or Faculty Code of Conduct, check out these resources from the Dean of Student Life
If you have a concern relating to a student or other PSU community member in crisis, you can contact CARE (Coordination, Assessment, Response Education)
Make sure you prioritize self care! Also check out Student Resources such as counseling.