In addition to the Dean of Student Life departments, there are many other university resources available to students. Several of these resources are highlighted on the myPSU site for students. Below are some additional resources and processes. If your question is not answered by any of this information, feel free to email the Office of the Dean of Student Life.
Health and Safety
- Campus Public Safety: emergency response, emergency dispatching, and patrol services to the campus 24/7.
- CPSO Emergency Line: (503) 725-4404
- CPSO Non-Emergency Line: (503) 725-4407
- Equity and Compliance: investigates complaints of prohibited discrimination and harassment.
- Student Health and Counseling: high quality, accessible mental health, physical health, dental services, and testing services.
Important Forms and Processes
- Academic Appeals: investigates student complaints of a prejudiced or capricious academic evaluation.
- Academic Petitions: various petitions for undergraduates and graduates including Deadline Appeals, Medical Withdrawal, and Petition for Reinstatement.
- Records and Registration: degree and diploma applications, transcript requests, withdraw/re-enrollment information, and much more.
- Advising & Career Services: helps students choose a major or develop a career, provides workshops and classes.
- Campus Directory: contact information of faculty and staff.
- Campus Tours: schedule personal tours of PSU.
- Cultural Resource Centers: provide student leadership, employment, and volunteer opportunities; student resources such as computer labs, event, lounge and study spaces; and extensive programming.
- Disability Resource Center: pre-admission and disability counseling, educational training, advocacy and a variety of accommodations for equal access to the academic process and campus life.
- Emergency Funds: list of funds available through various colleges, schools, and resource centers to students experiencing hardships
- International Student Services: immigration advising, life advising, programming and support for international students.
- The Learning Center: offers support with current coursework and helps develop effective learning strategies.
- Queer Resource Center: provides students along the sexuality and gender spectrum with the support they need to persist to graduation.
- Resource Center for Students with Children: offers integrated services that support students' goals to be effective parents while succeeding in their academic pursuits.
- Student Activities & Leadership Programs: enrich and integrate students' leadership and academic experiences to educate students to be ethical, socially just, and civically engaged leaders.
- Student Legal Services: provides legal advice, legal representation, mentorship, community partnerships, and education designed to empower students.
- Student Sustainability Center: offers transformational hands-on learning experience in an effort to integrate sustainability with student life.
- Transportation and Parking: transportation options and associated services.
- University Success: facilitates academic engagement, intellectual connection, and collaborative learning among Portland State University students through student living communities and campus community building.
- Veterans Resource Center: provides comprehensive support to student veterans and service members to meet their unique needs.
- Women's Resource Center: advocates for the best educational and campus experience for the entire community by advancing social justice, ensuring access to personal empowerment, and working toward a safe, healthy campus.
- The Writing Center: help writers at any stage of the writing process and with all varieties of projects, including class assignments, resumes, application essays, presentations, and creative writing.