BP115 Project Leadership and Conflict Management
This course covers the art of leadership in the project team. Project leaders must understand the unique role of the leader in a successful project. They must be adept at building trust, making and keeping agreements, and negotiating conflict with project team members. In addition, identifying individual values and boundaries, establishing clear decision making protocols, and utilizing the appropriate decision strategy are all leadership requirements within the project team. Course will be interactive and utilize discussion and role play.
- Differences between leading and managing various aspects of projects
- Time management practices utilizing the urgent and important matrix
- Values and boundaries that form a foundation for good decision making
- Various change theories and their impact on projects
- Recognizing and implementing different conflict handling strategies
- The importance of acknowledging team, as well as individual successes
How You Benefit
- Learn leadership and communication skills to keep your project team on track
- Understand the importance of building partners who can negotiate
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Paul Spindel
Paul Spindel is principal at Paul Spindel LLC, focusing on management and supervisory development. He holds an MA in organizational communications and is a certified facilitator of the Myers Briggs assessment and the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Instrument. Mr. Spindel has over 18 years of human resources experience with Marriott and Nike. With Tonia Twigger, he teaches "Creating the Life You Want" workshops helping folks figure out what to do with their lives. He conducts workshops aimed at creating an environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually fulfilling human presence on this planet. His mission is to "touch hearts, challenge minds, and incite laughter."
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)