Job Search Resources
We offer a variety of resources for students to get assistance on their resumes and cover letters and preparing for interviews.
Our website has extensive information about writing resumes and cover letters as well as examples to further assist you. Check out these links for more information:
Handshake is a web-based system for accessing:
- Full-time career-related positions for upcoming graduates and alumni.
- On-campus interviews with employers who are recruiting seniors and recent graduates.
- Part-time, off campus jobs for students.
- On-campus work-study and regular-wage jobs for students.
- Federal work study community service jobs (including America Reads and America Counts) for students.
- Paid and unpaid internships for students.
Workshops & Events
Workshops offered by the University Career Center help to develop and implement effective job search strategies. Some workshop topics include:
- Writing Resumes and Cover Letters
- Major & Career Choice
- Job Search
Viking Visits are an opportunity to go directly to local companies to get an exclusive, firsthand look at what makes them successful. It is a chance to meet and hear from professionals about what they do and how students can start a career in this industry.