Career Fairs for Students
This term we are offering a full week of field-based virtual career fairs, prioritizing quality connections with local and global organizations. Portland State University students and alumni from all academic backgrounds are welcome at our virtual fairs. You will be required to register and attend through Handshake. Make sure your resume and Handshake profile are current.
Virtual Career Fairs include: Computer Science and Computer Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Media, Design, and Marketing, Construction Management, Architecture, Environmental, and Civil Engineering, Business: Banking, Finance, Sales, and Management, Social Impact, Health and Life Science, Government, Policy, and International Affairs, Hiring Now
Find Details below:
- How to Register
- Event Details
- How to Prepare for the Fair
Computer Science and Computer Engineering Career & Internship Fair
February 22nd 2021. 11 - 2pm.
Electrical and Mechanical Career & Internship Fair
February 22nd 2021, 1 - 4pm.
Media, Design, and Marketing Career & Internship Fair
February 23rd 2021, 12 - 3pm.
Construction Management, Architecture, Environmental, and Civil Engineering Career & Internship Fair
February 23rd 2021, 12 - 3pm.
Business: Banking, Finance, Sales, and Management Career & Internship Fair
February 24th 2021, 12 - 3pm.
Social Impact Career, Internship, & Volunteer Fair
February 24th 2021, 12 - 3pm. Mission based organizations share their opportunities with career, internship and volunteer seekers in Portland. Learn more about grassroots and community nonprofits, and connect with an organization that aligns with your passion.
Health and Life Science Career & Internship Fair
February 25th, 2021, 11 - 2pm.
Government, Policy, and International Affairs Career & Internship Fair
February 25th 2021, 1 - 4pm.
Hiring Now Job Fair
February 26th 2021, 12 - 3pm. This fair focuses on organizations that have AVAILABLE part-time and full-time positions. The function of this fair is for employers to set specific qualifications and use one-on-one sessions for informational interviews and potential job interviews.
Career Fair Week Details:
- Right now all fairs are held virtually through Handshake
- Registration is required for every fair you are interested in, and you must sign up for sessions to attend.
- Need help registering or signing up for virtual fair sessions? Check out Handshake's How To Guide
- Each organization will be able to host up to (15) different 1:1 schedules and up to (3) group sessions throughout this 3-hour event.
- 1:1 appointments are 10min long and each representative can set preferences for their own schedule, if so desired (ex. school year, major, grad date, etc).
- Group sessions are 30min each and can host up to 50 attendees at a time.
- Employers that attend are recruiting for opportunities in your field
- Virtual career fairs offer flexibility to your schedule, and theirs
- One-on-one sessions provide an opportunity for in depth conversations with employers
How to Prepare
- Make a virtual Career Counseling appointment
- Meet with our Internship Coordinator
- Attend an upcoming Career Workshop
- Go through Handshake's Virtual Fair Preparation Checklist
- Watch Career Fair Success Video
- Sign up for session and research employers
- Plan what to wear. See what other students have worn to past fairs
- Practice your introduction
- Follow up with employers