Applying to a Graduate Program at PSU
Application to a graduate program at PSU (master's, doctoral, or graduate certificate) is a two-step process. You must submit two separate (different) applications: one to the Office of Admissions, and the other directly to the department.
The University application consists of:
- Application form
- $50 application fee
- One official (sealed) transcript from each post-secondary institution
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (for applicants whose first language is not English)
The required elements of a department application vary based on program needs and goals. Typical requirements include:
- Departmental application
- Transcripts, either official or unofficial as determined by the department
- Personal essay/statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores, e.g., GRE (not required by all programs)
- Additional requirements may include items such as writing samples or a portfolio
You will need to obtain full information and required application materials directly from the department you are applying to. We provide a list of graduate programs here. Also, the Office of Admissions provides a list of graduate programs that includes information about application dates and standardized test scores.
The Office of Graduate Studies is not directly involved with graduate admissions, but we do offer admissions advising and Graduate Informational Sessions. Please contact Karen Popp at (503) 725-8402 or email@example.com for assistance.