Welcome to Portland State University’s International Admission and Application Center!
Portland State University is a globally recognized urban research university distinguished by the diversity of its students, the breadth and quality of its academic programs, and its scenic location. Portland State is home to more than 2,000 international students. Your education at PSU will give you the tools and experience to achieve your academic goals and succeed in your career.
We encourage you to explore more about Portland State University. The links below will guide you through the international admission process.
- AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED to Portland State, you should submit all required admission documents through this website. Click here to upload documents.
Freshmen/first year applicants are studying to earn their first bachelor's degree.
Transfer applicants have completed work at other universities or community colleges and have not yet earned a bachelor's degree.
Postbaccalaureate applicants want to earn a second bachelor's degree, a postbaccalaureate certificate, or take classes in preparation for a graduate program.
Graduate applicants are focusing their academic studies to earn a master's or doctoral degree.
Our International Admissions team is here to help you become a student at Portland State University. The information below answers many of the questions we receive from international applicants. If you do need assistance, please contact us.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Deadlines
- Scholarships for Future International Students
- Required Immigration Documentation
- Required Financial Documentation to Issue an I-20
- Request to Change Your Term of Admission - Undergraduate and Postbaccalaureate
- Request to Change Your Term of Admission - Graduate
- International Student Services
- Meet the International Admission Team
- Information for International High School and College Counselors
- Learn more about our Official Record and Certified Translation policy
Portland State University offers 226 degree programs taught by some of the best faculty in the country. The urban location creates an environment that emphasizes research, collaborative learning, and sustainability.