Teacher Leadership Certificate of Completion
This 15-17 credit program is designed for K-12 teachers, teacher leaders, and coaches who seek a leadership career path distinct from that of a building administrator. The courses focus on providing sound philosophical, theoretical, and experiential preparation in teacher leadership. Participants can expect to develop and refine strategies and insights that create positive change in their schools. The series will include three core courses and a selection of electives drawn from across the Graduate School of Education. Courses can be taken individually in any order, and are scheduled to fit flexibly in the life of a full-time working professional.
- Examine and apply teacher leadership practices that bring about positive school change
- Foster a variety of positive communication strategies in organizations devoted to the education of children
- Develop capacities and skills of an effective mentor/coach to meet the needs of diverse learners, both children and adults
- Apply leadership strategies based on current research findings and theoretical frameworks about teacher leadership
- Tailor the program electives to deepen specific expertise in your professional context
"I’m so thankful to have taken the teacher leadership classes this past summer as my new position as primary years coordinator has caused me to reflect on being a teacher leader daily! Working with teachers is an interesting challenge. I do find the same joy in the “ah-ha” moments with adults as I did with elementary students."