Non-Credit: WebCAPE for French, German and Spanish
To meet the BA or MA foreign language proficiency requirement, French, German and Spanish students may take the WebCAPE exam. Spanish students must score at least 451 and French and German students must score at least 400 for the exam to count toward language proficiency. This exam must be proctored at the PSU SHAC Testing Center (see contact information below).
You will not receive credit for this exam. (Non-credit option)
If you graduated from high school or college outside of the U.S. and the language of instruction was not English, please bring your diploma, transcript, or grade care to the Department of World Languages and Literatures. An exam is not required.
To proceed with testing, set up an appointment online at:
SHAC Testing Services
University Center Building
527 SW Hall Street, Suite 340
Portland, OR 97201
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- The fee is $22 (Testing Services chages a $12 proctoring fee, billed to your student account, in addition to the $10 exam fee, paid to WebCAPE at the time of the exam only at https://www.perpetualworks.com/secure/register/student/
- Items to bring on the day of the exam are:
- Current photo ID,
- Your student ID number
- Debit/credit card for the $10 WebCAPE fee
- PLEASE NOTE: Payment prior to the exam day and time will invalidate Proctored WebCAPE scores.
- The result will be sent to the Department of World Languages and Literatures. A passing score will waive your foreign language proficiency requirement.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for Degree Requirements to enter completion on your DARS report.