Second Language Proficiency
All applicants who graduated from an Oregon high school in 1997 or later must demonstrate proficiency in a second language. Many options are available to demonstrate proficiency, including:
- Two years of the same high school-level second language with a grade of C- or better
- Third year of a high school-level second language with a grade of C- or better
- Score of 2 or higher on an Advanced Placement Foreign Language Test
- Score of 4 or higher on an International Baccalaureate Standard Level Foreign Language Exam
- Score of 40 or higher on a CLEP Foreign Language Exam
- Two quarters/semesters of the same college-level second language with a grade of C- or better
- Satisfactory performance on a college second-language departmental challenge exam
- Education satisfactorily completed through 7th grade in a school or country where English was not the language of instruction
Students must provide official high school or college transcripts or official test scores to indicate the Second Language Proficiency has been met.
A complete list of options and other details about the Second Language Admission Requirement are posted on the Oregon University System (OUS) website.