Search Google Appliance

Other Applicant

We encourage all students to follow their own path, and we understand that every path—like every student—is individual. Learn about other admission options for PSU education here.

Non-Degree Application

You should apply for Non-Degree Entry if you:

  • are not seeking a degree from Portland State
  • have never attended Portland State
  • have never submitted a non-degree application
  • plan to enroll in 8 or fewer credits per term or 21 in summer term
  • do not plan to receive financial aid

If you are unsure as to whether or not Non-Degree Entry is the right admissions status for you, please speak with an Admissions Counselor by contacting the Office of Admissions. If you previously submitted a non-degree application, your non-degree status is continuous and you can register for classes.

Applying for Non-Degree Entry status is quick and easy. You can submit an online application or download a paper application.

Apply Online

  1. Go to Banweb, PSU's online application system (opens in new window/tab)
  2. Create a user account by clicking on "First time user account creator"
  3. Create a new login ID and PIN, and click Login.
  4. Select ONE of the Non-Degree options from the drop down menu
    1. Non-Degree Undergraduate
    2. - if you do not have a bachelor's degree
    3. Non-Degree Graduate - if you do have a bachelor's degree
  5. Complete the online form, pay the $25 application fee and submit.
  6. Keep your browser window open after you submit to view your welcome message, including your PSU ID number.

Paper Application

  1. Download and print a Non-Degree Entry formAdobe PDF icon.
  2. Submit the paper form, along with the non-refundable $25 processing fee, to the Office of Admissions.
  3. As soon as the form is processed (usually within 24 hours of submission), we'll send you an email with the information you need to register for classes.

Continuing Education Applicant

If you:

  • are a pre K-16 educator, trainer, or human service professional
  • interested in courses for continuing education units, professional development or personal enrichment
  • have never registered for courses with Portland State
  • are not seeking a degree
  • plan to enroll in fewer than 8 credits per term or 21 in summer term
  • do not plan to receive financial aid

Complete a Continuing Education Enrollment Form

Apply online through Banweb, and select Continuing Education as your student type from the drop down menu.

With your application you must submit a non-refundable $25 application fee; you will be required to pay this fee with a Visa or MasterCard.

For more information, contact Continuing Education in the Graduate School of Education (CEED)

Senior Citizen Applicant

  • are an Oregon resident
  • are 65 years of age or older
  • are not seeking a degree
  • are not seeking credit for courses

You may audit any of Portland State's regular courses on a space-available basis and pay no tuition! Some course fees may apply. Please review procedures for the Senior Adult Learning Center.

Re-Enroll Student

If you:

  • were previously admitted to Portland State
  • attended Portland State subsequent to your admission
  • have been absent for 2 or more terms
  • attended another college or university since leaving Portland State

Complete the online Re-Enrollment Request Form

Information provided via your request will assist the Registrar's Office in providing you a smooth transition back into courses here at Portland State University. We will review your account and be sure to email you in 4-5 business days with the following information:

  • Student account login refresher.
  • Academic standing.
  • Registration status and dates of registration.
  • Information about how to get in contact with your adviser.
  • Outstanding registration requirements and/or holds.

If you attended another college or university during your absence from Portland State, you are REQUIRED to submit updated official transcripts to PSU at:

Portland State University
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207-0751