Certificates of Insurance

When PSU Requires a Certificate of Insurance from a Contractor, Subcontractor or Vendor 

A properly completed Certificate of Insurance must be obtained before services may be provided or others are permitted to use PSU facilities. The Certificate Holder section should show the PSU contact name and address.

Certificates of insurance received from contractors, subcontractors or vendors should be forwarded to the Office of  Risk Management for review, to ensure that they comply with Portland State University's requirements.

The Description of Operations should refer to the specific duty, service, or event, and name and reference PSU as an Additional Insured as follows:

"Portland State University, its officers, board members, employees, and agents are included as additional insured."


When a Vendor, or Contractor Requires a Certificate of Insurance from PSU

Certificates of Insurance are often requested by outside parties with whom PSU contracts Examples of when PSU may be required to provide a certificate of insurance when: using of an off-site location to host an event; entering into a contract for services; leasing or renting real estate or equipment; and accepting a grant award.

Request an insurance certificate. The certificate will be sent directly to the vendor and requestor via email.

Please allow at least 3 to 5 business days after submitting all required information to receive the certificate of insurance.

If a contract is involved, please forward a copy of the contract including the insurance and indemnity/hold harmless provisions, to the Office of Risk Management.