Contracting and Procurement Services (CAPS) provides guidance, support, and leadership throughout the campus procurement process to support the academic and research mission of the University. Our commitment is to provide fair, cost-effective, efficient procurement services that promote integrity, transparency, and accountability.
CAPS is committed to pursuing best value solutions through fair and competitive processes while maintaining professionalism, customer service, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Review, negotiation, and execution of contracts
- Develop and manage solicitations including Request for Quotes (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), Invitations to Bid (ITB), and Request for Information (RFI)
- Provide contractor and supplier recommendations
- Provide training on best contracting and procurement practices
- Promote the purchase of sustainable and accessible products and equipment
- Promote the use of diverse and equitable vendors and suppliers
- Maintain ePSU Marketplace for online purchase of goods
- Facilitate compliance with Federal Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
CAPS News & Announcements
All goods and services agreements must be sent to Contracting and Procurement Services for signature. The authority to sign agreements on behalf of the University is very limited. Faculty and staff outside of Contracting and Procurement Services do not have authority to sign agreements.
SFO Delegated Contracts: Trained SFOs, as defined in the SFO Delegated Contract Procedure, have been granted authority to sign Catering, Events, Hotel and Resorts, and Bus Charter contracts with a value up to $10,000 in accordance with and subject to procedures established by Contracting and Procurement Services.
All PSU staff and faculty are subject to the Oregon Ethics Laws (ORS 244). Contracting with any business in which you or your family member has a financial interest in maybe a conflict. If you have any questions or concerns of this nature, please contact Contracting and Procurement Services before proceeding.
The PSU Food Pantry
Many of our students experience food insecurity while completing their education. Please consider making a tax-deductible monetary donation to this great cause.