Strategic Organizational Management Certificate Program
Info Session: CEPE'S Strategic Organizational Management Program
Monday, November 16, 2020, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Facilitated by instructor Dr.Sarah Stebbins, this info session is free and fully online. Register here and a link to the live stream will be emailed prior to the info session. Questions? Please contact CEPE at email@example.com.
About Strategic Organizational Management
Rooted in the organizational development (OD) and human resource (HR) management disciplines, strategic organizational management (SOM) is the process of building organizational performance through employee and leadership development, and thereby strengthening an organization’s culture and capacity for success.
To advance strategic thinking about organizational management, this program will focus on four interrelated core content areas: employee engagement and development, effective teamwork, organizational systems, and change management. Instructors will bring real-world expertise and provide immediately applicable tools for students to begin building more effective organizations.
Leader as Coach gave me the voice and the courage to feel confident when speaking to leaders and pushing my initiatives forward. I also gained so many great facilitation techniques from the courses that I can use in my groups at work.
- Sarah Trice
Who Should Attend
This program is for individuals interested in the “people” side of business and who want to learn how to more effectively develop individuals, teams, and organizations.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this program, students will have gained the knowledge to:
- Coach and motivate employees;
- Build organizational capacity;
- Think with a “systems” view;
- Positively affect organizational culture and manage change;
- Tap into their leadership skills.
4 Required Certificate Courses
Courses may be taken individually and in any order unless otherwise noted.
If pursuing the certificate, all courses in the certificate program must be completed within three years. A recommended sequence is below.
- BO213: Systems Thinking
- Learn the tools and vocabulary integral to a systems thinking approach, which can be used to gain insight into root causes of organizational challenges and generate effective organizational solutions over time.
- BO210: Change Management
- Understand how individuals and organizations as “systems” react to change, and learn strategies to effectively manage the process.
- **BO210: Change Management also counts towards the completion of the Change Management certificate program