Business Analysis Certificate Program
About Business Analysis
Business analysis is a research approach to identifying and defining business needs in order to find solutions, make performance improvements, and enact organizational change. CEPE’s Business Analysis Certificate program provides comprehensive training in these vital areas and helps participants develop skills that will equip them for careers as business analysts.
Aligned with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK), each course in this certificate program teaches students to prioritize, validate, and communicate system requirements — techniques essential for thriving as an analyst in a data-driven business environment.
|Courses delivered in a virtual format with live instructor & student interaction|
|2 times per year (Fall & Spring)|
|Five, 15-hour classes (2 days each course, 8:00am - 4:30pm). The program can be completed in as little as one term, but must be completed within three years.|
|Full certificate cost: $2,995|
The lectures, group discussions, and hands on examples helped give me the experience I need to feel confident. The CEPE certificate was the most valuable because it allowed me to add credentials to my resume.
- Tamara Saranpaa
Who Should Attend
This certificate program is for professionals who are interested in business analyst training to help them embark on or advance their careers in business analysis.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this program, students will have gained the knowledge to:
- Understand key concepts of business analysis and identify suitable business opportunities for business analysis;
- Effectively elicit, confirm, and maintain requirements throughout the analysis effort;
- Prepare a business case to present justification for a project in terms of the value to be added to the business;
- Evaluate solutions for overall value and recommend changes (including aspects of the organization) that could increase solution value;
- Describe behaviors, characteristics, competencies, and personal qualities that support the practice of business analysis and identify the fundamental skills required for each area.
5 Required Certificate Courses
Courses may be taken individually. If pursuing the certificate, all courses in the certificate program must be completed within three years. Although courses may be taken in any order, Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring is recommended as the first course, especially for those new to the field. A recommended sequence is below.
- BA110: Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- This course helps participants understand the tasks involved in planning and monitoring a business analysis effort.
- BA111: Getting the Requirements Right
- This course shows participants how to bring out requirements from the stakeholders and communicate them back in a way that clarifies understanding and generates buy-in.
- BA112: Creating Strong Recommendations
- In this course, participants learn how to write a business case that provides decision makers with the context and information they need to evaluate the benefits of an investment.
Required Courses Continued
- BA113: Assessing and Validating Solutions
- This course provides an overview of techniques that help measure an implemented solution to determine if it is delivering the expected value.
- BA114: The Competencies of a Business Analyst
- In this course, participants analyze and experiment with several behaviors, characteristics, competencies, and personal qualities that support the practice of business analysis.