Education Abroad for
Conflict Resolution Majors
Globalize Your Education
For Conflict Resolution majors, studying abroad is an excellent way to get valuable experience, set your resume apart, and fulfill degree requirements. Review the resources here to first help explore how an international experience could fit into your degree plan. Then, connect with your CUPA Undergraduate Advisor and your Education Abroad advisor to ensure you're choosing the best program to fit your goals. Your Education Abroad advisor can also help you explore ways to use financial aid, scholarships, and grants to finance your travel!
Why Study Abroad?
When you step out of a familiar environment and engage with another society, where cultural, political, and academic perspectives differ from the U.S., it can greatly enhance your perspective by placing domestic issues and experiences within an international context. It helps participants negotiate differences, listen to and learn from new viewpoints, and adapt to unfamiliar situations. The changed perspective students gain from studying abroad helps make them better informed global citizens, and they are often more competitive for employment, fellowships, and graduate school.
You can Afford to Study Abroad!
Receiving FAFSA? All subsidized & unsubsidized Stafford Loans will automatically work on your study abroad program!
Veteran? Use your Veterans Benefits to help cover the cost of your program fee!
Pell Grant Recipient? Not only can you use your Pell Grant, but you are also eligible for the Gilman Scholarship, worth up to $5,000!
Need Scholarships? The PSU Ed Abroad office offers scholarship workshops every term and has a multitude of resources online for students on a budget. Come meet with us so we can talk about awards ranging from $500 - $10,000.
Intern Abroad: Human Rights in Cape Town
Build your resume and participate in an international internship! Cape Town is home to the South African Parliament and as a result, there are many wonderful NGOs and government organizations based in and around the city that promote the causes of social justice and human rights.
What Programs Work Well For Conflict Resolution Majors?
The programs below not only offer a wide variety of conflict resolution courses, but also may offer courses to fulfill general education requirements, minor, certificate, or elective credit.
- IE3 Global South Korea: Seoul, Yonsei University
- PSU Faculty-Led Korea: Seoul - Examining Pop Culture
- USAC Thailand: Southeast Asian Economics, Politics, and Culture Studies
- IE3 Global Internship: A Broader Vietnam
- USAC Czech Republic: Politics, Culture and Art Studies in Prague
- CIEE Summer Global Internship Program in London, England
- USAC England: University of Brighton Undergraduate Courses
- USAC England: University of Bristol Undergraduate Courses
- IFSA England: University of Westminster
- USAC Germany: German Language, and German/European Studies in Lüneburg
- USAC Ireland: University College Cork Undergraduate Courses
- IFSA Scotland: University of Edinburgh
- USAC Spain: Spanish Language, European and Women's/Gender Studies in Alicante
- USAC Sweden: Linnaeus University Undergraduate and Graduate Courses inVäxjö/Kalmar
- USAC Brazil: Brazilian Cultural Studies, Global Economy, and Natural Resource Management in Florianopolis
- USAC Chile: Spanish Language, Latin American, Anthropological, and International Studies in Santiago
- IE3 Global Australia: Melbourne, Deakin University
- USAC Australia: Griffith University Undergraduate Courses in Gold Coast or Brisbane
- USAC New Zealand: Massey University Undergraduate and Graduate Courses in Palmerston North, Auckland, or Wellington
Don't see a program that works for you? Click here for the complete list of programs.
Ready to take the Next Step?
Attend an Ed Abroad 101 session to learn more about studying abroad at PSU. These are 30 minute sessions offered when classes are in session. They cover the application process and direct you to next steps.