Resources for Undocumented & DACA PSU Students
Portland State University and the State of Oregon provide options for undocumented students to gain access to financial aid and other tuition resources.
Multicultural Retention Services (MRS) offers academic and support services to first-generation diverse and multicultural students including DACAmented and undocumented students. Services include assistance with scholarships, and general academic advising.
The Cultural Resource Centers are a welcoming space for DREAMers to access student leadership opportunities and co-curricular social justice programming.
Student Legal Services provides free legal services to currently enrolled PSU students in a number of key areas, including immigration, tenant, family, and employment law.
International Student Services provides immigration advising, life advising, programming and support for more than 2000 international students from nearly 100 different countries.
SHAC is committed to affirming and providing care for all of our students who have been directly or vicariously impacted by trauma and discrimination.
The Oregon Undocumented Toolkit, available in English and Spanish, is provided to help schools and districts in Oregon create, maintain, and nurture an equitable, inclusive, and welcoming environment for all students, families, and employees in Oregon’s schools.
The Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission provides a list of resources for undocumented students in Oregon. Students may be eligible for state financial aid programs as long as they meet all other program requirements.
IMMIGRATION LEGAL RESOURCES
Portland State University offers comprehensive legal services, including free confidential immigration consultation for PSU students through Student Legal Services. Students, staff, and faculty can also find additional legal resources by following the links below.
LOCAL IMMIGRANT AND REFUGEE RESOURCES
- Portland Refugee and Immigrant Community Resources Directory
- Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization (IRCO)
- Causa - Oregon's Immigrant Rights Organization
- Unite Oregon (formerly Center for Intercultural Organizing)
- Muslim Educational Trust (MET)
- Islamic Social Services of Oregon State (ISOS)
- Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon (APANO)
- Latino Network
- Adelante Mujeres
- Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber
- African Women's Coalition
- Africa House
- Oregon Immigration Resource
NATIONAL IMMIGRANT AND REFUGEE RESOURCES
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Families for Freedom
- Immigrant Defense Project
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Interfaith Movement for Justice
- International Rescue Committee
- International Refugee Assistance Project
- Mariposas Sin Fronteras
- National Immigration Law Center
- National Immigration Forum
- Northwest Immigrant Rights
- Southern Poverty Law Center