Campus Events & Student Union
Always committed to providing outstanding hospitality and service to clients and guests, the Campus Events & Student Union office is your first stop for planning an organizational meeting, entertainment event or international conference at Portland State University.
A sustainably designed, flexible event space and sports arena with stunning views of the South Park Blocks. Perfect for conferences, banquets, receptions, lectures, sporting events, commencements, concerts, trade shows and more.
• Up to 3,400 seats & 14,000 square feet of event space
• Concourse, multipurpose room and versatile cafe
• Two 20-foot video display boards and six AV-equipped breakout rooms
Located in the heart of campus, Smith can accommodate events of all sizes in a variety of configurations.
• More than 20,000 square feet of event space
• 7,000-square-foot ballroom
• 16 breakout rooms that seat 10-700 guests
• Viking Gameroom (bowling, billiards), coffee, food court, market, ATMS
Update: Covid-19 response
Review the Covid-19 guidelines for hosting a campus event at Portland State.
The Campus Events & Student Union staff is managing reservations and scheduling remotely. To contact a CESU staffer regarding your event planning:
General booking concerns and event support: Matt Berger, 503-725-2241
External clients and university events, contact Pili Sueoka, 503-725-2377
For booking online, use our Event Inquiry Form.