Number of awards: 1
Amount: $250 per term
Description of Award: This scholarship was established in 2003 through donations and various fundraising activities. $250 will be given as tuition reimbursement for partial tuition
Application deadline: November 1
Mission: The mission of this scholarship is to encourage students in their study of heritage Russian. The scholarship can be applied towards a "Russian for Russians" class at Portland State University.
Notification: The selected recipient will be notified in mid November.
- Desire to learn Russian language and culture as a heritage student.
- Commitment to successfully complete Heritage studies at PSU.
record as a student:
- For PSU students cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 or above
- For high school students GPA of at least 3.0 or above
To apply, please send the following:
- A short
typed statement (approx. 250 words in Russian or English) addressing the
- Your past and present experience with the Russian language.
- Your plans
for Russian studies in the future.
- How this
scholarship will contribute to your future use of Russian
- How you plan to apply the knowledge of Russian language and culture to help the community.
- An updated sealed transcript.
- A sealed letter of recommendation from a faculty member at PSU or high school.
- The completed application form.
The above items must be submitted to:
The Friends of Russian Culture Scholarship
for Heritage Russian Committee
c/o Galina Kogan
Russian Language Program
WLL - PSU
P.O. Box: 751
Portland, OR 97207
recipient will be notified in mid November.