Civil & Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Advising
Course Plans Academic Year 2016-17
- BS in Civil Engineering 4 Year Course Plan in Grid Format (Blue Sheet) (2016-17)
- BS in Environmental Engineering 4 year Course Plan in Grid Format (Green Sheet) (2016-17)
- BSCE Prerequisite Tree
- BSENVE Prerequisite Tree
Occasionally students need a modified course plan to complete the course work with fewer classes per term. There are many variations on how classes can fit in such a modified course plan, and students are advised to work closely with an advisor to map out a course plan.
Students interested in partnering a Masters degree with their Bachelors degree can do so with one additional year of course work. These are sample 5 year course plans for the BS/MEng in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Students interested in the graduate programs in the CEE Department should carefully read through the information about those programs, and schedule an advising meeting with the Department Chair or their faculty advisor to discuss their options.
General Education Information
- Information about Freshmen Inquiry, Sophomore Inquiry, and Upper Division Cluster Classes (including the current list of acceptable classes by Cluster) can be found on the University Studies website.
- Arts & Letters/Social Sciences (general education) requirements for transfer students
Lower Division (Freshman and Sophomore) Advising
Students can meet with the Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science (MCECS) Undergraduate Advisor, Jodi Steigemeyer. To schedule an appointment, please contact (503) 725-4631 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper Division (Junior and Senior) Advising
Students have several options depending on the advising needs.
- For general academic advising, course planning, DARS updates, and other administrative needs, students can schedule a meeting with Ariel Lewis, CEE Department Manager and Academic Program Administrator. Use calendly.com/alew2 to schedule an appointment.
- For general academic advising with career goals and faculty perspective, students can meet with Senior Instructor Evan Kristof. Use calendly.com/ekristof to schedule an appointment.
- Faculty advisors can help with larger questions, such as determining an area of focus, research opportunities, and career plans - they can offer advice on how to maximize your academic experience to give students the best possible start in the career. Students are assigned a faculty advisor upon admission to the Upper Division Progam, but are welcome to meet with any faculty member to discuss individual areas of interest and the research that faculty member is conducting. Please contact individual faculty member directly to schedule a meeting.
- The Department Chair handles questions about academic standing, course equivalencies, graduation checks, and other intricate issues. Use calendly.com/monsere to schedule an appointment.