Business Management Certificate Program
About Business Management
High performers are often promoted to management positions given their specific skills related to their areas of expertise. However, they may not be fully prepared for the complex spectrum of management responsibilities, which includes managing people, motivating teams, managing budgets, and creating and executing strategy.
In today’s competitive landscape, every organization needs managers with diverse skill sets to effectively move business forward. In this Business Management Certificate program, students will gain a deeper understanding of the roles of a manager while building and honing their management skills in five essential areas: finance, strategy, communication, innovation, and leadership.
My experience at CEPE allowed me to explore a career shift with conveniently scheduled and located classes. A valuable takeaway was the ability to bring back what I've learned to benefit colleagues...
- Debbie Carper
Who Should Attend
Professionals in any industry who are new to a management role or established managers who need to refresh their management skills. Course content is also appropriate for aspiring managers.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this program, students will have gained the knowledge to:
- Understand the core concepts of finance and accounting;
- Develop business strategy;
- Communicate more effectively;
- Understand the role of innovation for growth;
- Understand key leadership principles.
5 Required Certificate Courses
Courses may be taken individually and in any order unless otherwise noted. If pursuing the certificate, all courses in the certificate program must be completed within three years. A recommended sequence is below.
- MG401: Finance
- Learn core concepts in finance and accounting; practice analyzing and interpreting financial reports; and develop the vocabulary to discuss issues and justify budget proposals more effectively.
- MG402: Strategy
- Learn a variety of strategy development tools and how the use of the tools can deliver logical, actionable strategies.
- MG403: Communication
- Develop self-awareness around personal styles and hone interpersonal communication skills to more effectively develop business relationships and drive results.