The Institute on Aging specializes in research on a variety of topics, including:
- Best practices in housing and long-term care
- Planning for age- and dementia-friendly communities
- Aging services organizational decision making
- Work-life issues and family caregiving
- Social relationships in late life
- Global aging
- Research methods
Our work has been funded by a variety of local, state, and national public agencies and private foundations, such as the National Institutes of Health, Grantmakers in Aging, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the National Science Foundation, Oregon Health & Science University, the Social Security Administration, the Oregon Department of Transportation, the Northwest Health Foundation, the Oregon Community Foundation, Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services, and Metro (the elected regional government for the Portland metropolitan area).
Discover Institute on Aging publications on our PDX Scholar site.