In this section, you'll find an overview of our core health benefits as well as some helpful links to assist you in determining the best plan, whether you are covering just yourself or also your family.
Health Benefits cover the following items:
Benefits Effective Date
Enrollment deadlines apply: Please note you must enroll within 30 days of your eligibility, which is usually your date of hire but it may be a job change if you transfer into a benefits-eligible position.
Benefits are effective after:
- The first of the month following becoming eligible and
- Online enrollment in benefits
Medical coverage includes medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits. There are several plan choices for full-time employees as well as a choice of subsidized lower-cost, lower-benefit plans for eligible part-time Classified (SEIU-represented) employees.
- Unclassified Staff working at least .5 FTE can only enroll in Full-Time benefits.
- Classified Staff who are working .75 FTE or greater can only enroll in Full-Time benefits.
- Classified Staff who work .5 FTE to .74 FTE can either enroll in Part-Time or Full-Time benefits (please review cost differences).
- Postdoctoral Scholars that are working at least .5 FTE
Plans & Providers
- Kaiser Permanente Website
- Administered by Providence Website
- MODA Health Website
- MODA Synergy Handbook
- MODA Synergy Part-Time (Only available to classified staff working .5FTE-.74FTE)
- *Must establish a Medical Home and a Primary care Provider
- Opt-out of Medical benefits
- Decline Benefits
PEBB sponsors several types of dental plan designs. Full-time employees may choose among four plans. In addition, there are two lower-cost, lower-benefit plans for eligible Classified (SEIU-represented) employees.
- Kaiser Dental Brochure
- Delta Dental(MODA Premier)
- Delta Dental (MODA PPO)
- Willamette Dental
- Available in a full-time plan only
- Dental Plan Summary
*You may choose to not enroll in coverage
Employees enrolled in full-time Kaiser HMO or Kaiser Deductible medical plans have access to Kaiser Vision as part of their medical plan. Employees who are enrolled in other medical plans and wish to have a vision plan are able to voluntarily enroll in the VSP plan.
- Kaiser Vision
- Full-time Kaiser HMO and Kaiser Deductible plans include Kaiser Vision
- Use your Kaiser card to access benefit
- All other plans including part-time may elect VSP
- No card issued, use your PEBB ID number to access benefit
- VSP Plan Summary
*You may choose not to enroll in coverage
Basic Life Insurance
PSU pays for $5,000 of basic life insurance for each eligible employee. Additional life insurance is available as part of the optional benefits portion of your benefits package.