Academic Warning Hold
If your cumulative PSU GPA falls below 2.00, you are placed on Academic Warning. A registration hold is applied to your student account until you complete an Academic Success Plan Workshop or have an appointment with your academic advisor.
Often, students on Academic Warning also are placed into Warning Status for financial aid eligibility. Please note that the processes for these are separate. Check your financial aid status on your Banweb account under the Financial Aid tab. Financial aid counselors are available to meet with you to explain your status. Learn more about the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy or schedule an appointment with a financial aid counselor.
Portland State University is committed to your success and looks forward to working with you to improve your academic standing. For more information, please review PSU's Academic Standing standards.
Academic Success Plan Online Workshop
During this online workshop you can expect to:
- learn the academic standing policy
- review resources on campus
- identify reasons that led you to Academic Warning
- complete an online quiz
- create an action plan to be successful
- It will take you about 30-45 minutes to complete the workshop. You will need to provide your PSU student ID number in order to have the hold removed from your account.
Please allow up to 24 hours for your hold to be removed. If you complete the workshop over the weekend, your hold will be removed on the next business day.
Academic Warning Appointment with Your Academic Advisor
You are encouraged to talk with your academic advisor about your situation and discuss ways to be more successful in your program. If you do not know who your advisor is, you can find your assigned advisor in Banweb or call 503-725-3822.
During the appointment you can expect to:
- review the academic standing policy
- learn about campus resources
- develop a plan to improve your academic success
Your advisor will remove your hold during the appointment, not before.