Bachelor's + Master's Pathway
Bachelor's + Master's Pathway Overview
The Bachelor's + Master's Pathway Program allows currently admitted BSME students to get a head-start on their master's degree. Students admitted into the Pathway Program are able to take up to 16 credit hours of 500 or 600 level course work as an undergraduate, at an undergraduate tuition rate*, and apply the credits to their undergraduate and graduate degrees. Admitted pathway students have the potential to start their graduate program with 16 credits already completed.
Students can apply in either their junior or senior year, and if admitted, will automatically matriculate into an MME graduate program as long as they meet the pathway continuation criteria. Students in the Pathway Program can pursue any of the MME master's level graduate programs.
Students applying to the Pathway Program must meet the following criteria:
- Admitted into the BSME Program
- Completed 12 credit hours of 300 or 400 level upper division BSME coursework
- Institutional GPA of 3.3 at time of application
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members (MME faculty members preferred)
- Application submitted by the end of the term prior to graduation (applications are not accepted during summer term)
- Institutional GPA of 3.3 upon graduation from the BSME Program
Once a pathway student is formally admitted into a graduate MME program, the department will request the 500 or 600 level credits taken as an undergraduate to be applied to their master's degree. Only coursework with a grade of B- or higher will be applied.
*Post-bac students will be charged graduate tuition rates per PSU policy.