Every employee is personally responsible for verifying weather conditions and the University's operational status prior to coming to work. Conditions can be ascertained in the following ways:
- PSU homepage at www.pdx.edu
- Monitor your PSU voicemail.
- Listen to or watch media announcements.
- Monitor PSU ALERT.
- When the University closes due to inclement weather, all scheduled performances, meetings or other events are cancelled unless a specific exception is obtained in accordance with University procedure.
- When PSU opens late, the opening time will coincide with class and/or exam schedules. In addition, to reduce possible confusion, a precise opening time, such as 10 a.m. or 11 a.m., will be announced.
- When inclement weather requires closure or curtailment of operations after the workday has begun, notification will normally be made by 2 p.m.